Monday, May 05, 2014

The Walking Wounded

Oh my goodness!  What a weekend.   The weekends seem to get busier and more insane each week.  Seriously!    It was crazy busy busy that the thought of diet and exercise....well, it just didn't occur to me.  Ok, actually exercise did but I didn't have time and when I did have time I was 'the walking wounded'

My not so subtle hint to Todd
I started on Thursday night trying to get ahead! I headed out for groceries!   I had an inkling that the weekend would be a bit busy and I wanted to get that chore over with.  I was walking up and down the aisles and I had a grand idea!!!!!  Todd was still working when I went to bed, so I left a little hint for him!   I was absolutely determined to have a bonfire sometime during the weekend!

Waiting for Todd at the studio before running to town.
I got off work at 2PM on Friday.  I rushed the two miles home, quickly changed my clothes and then it started.  Hours upon hours of yard work.  6 straight hours on Friday.  Saturday morning dawned and we went right back to it!    Push mowing (4 hours), weeding, mulching, cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc etc etc.  BUSY BUSY BUSY.   All day long we moved and we worked!  We even ran to town at one point....and we saw these cuties.  The yard looks FANTASTIC.  (No, it's not done).    I also spent a bit of time cleaning and getting ready for a bonfire.  I had decided to have family over for the evening.  I figure that would be fun!

 All day long we moved and we worked!    The yard looks FANTASTIC.  (No, it's not done).    I also spent a bit of time cleaning and getting ready for a bonfire.

By the time I dropped into bed on Saturday night I was totally dead.  I wafs sore as heck!   My feet, or rather foot was giving me grief....that tarsal nerve and the plantar was kickin'!   The muscles in my legs tingled with that achy, wow I really worked out feeling.  My back was sensitive and my head...oh my head hurt.  (yeah, I whacked my noggin on something and gave myself a nice goose egg).  I checked my email (for the first time in hours upon hours) at about 10:30 and got my message from Sherry talking about our weekly walk on Sunday morning.  I immediately responded with a "YES, absolutely we are walking!"  Afterward I wondered what in the heck I was doing!  

Regardless, Sunday morning I walked 5 miles.  I took the rest of the day off on Sunday.  Well,mostly off.  I did clean up the kitchen and I cooked and I did more laundry (it was also the weekend of laundry......never ending laundry).   I did take time to do something for myself on Sunday.   I spread out an old blanket in the yard and laid out there with my camera.  It only took 15 minutes before I started to see what I was waiting for.  I will leave you with some pictures........

 And then something bad roamed into the yard.
 All of a sudden I heard all kinds of squawking from a variety of birds.  They were going crazy.  I lowered my camera from what I was focusing on....and that is when I realized why all the birds had sent up a communal alarm.
 And that was the end of the birdies.......I waited for an hour to see if they would come back and it was a total NO GO!  (About 4 or 5 hours later I looked out the window and the birds had returned!)

I took some non-birdie pictures before I gave up.......ahhhh makes me think of summer!


Lori said...

Sounds to me like you got a TON of exercise, the best kind!

Kyra said...

What great photos! I love the cardinal poking his head up, really nice job!

LuckyMama said...


Wow!!! Sounds like you had a great weekend!!! Getting your exercise in by just being active.

I *LOVE* the markings on that cat.

Fran said...

Girl you have been busy last weekend! Yardwork is hard but also a good workout. I'm always sore too after it because you use your body in a different way.

We have baby birds in our bird house (haven't seen them yet), so far no sign of neighbourhood cats thank goodness. Guess they are scared of Bella :)

Cathy said...

I LOVE birds. Seriously, love them! Sadly, it seems none of the birds in my town want to visit the bird feeder I have, nor do the hummingbirds want to visit the 2 hummingbird feeders (which I need to fill with fresh food). :-(