I want to thank everyone for your kind words and encouragement on my last post. It is so easy to get discouraged when we see the evidence of our ‘missteps’ in our quest for healthy living. It is so easy to slip back into the emotions of ‘learned thoughts’. It is very hard to get rid of baggage and to not expect the past to repeat itself. I am a work in progress…..it’s difficult….but I’m working on it!
I am going to close out my month of March right here and now. Yup, right here on March 29th I am going to post my month end goal results. I’m doing this for a few reasons. I like to think that these reasons are quite valid and real! Now don’t worry. Just because I’m closing out the month and reporting on the month, I’m not giving up….I will still be completing these habits over the next few days. So now, let’s get to the reasons.
1. This morning Jason and I are heading to the Ocean for a three day weekend. I KNOW that I will be eating foods a bit higher in calories. But I also know that I will be active as all get out. (Just remember that after we spent some time at the beach last October t at I wrote about how tired and achy I was from all the activity…. Jason was suffering from a cold that whole time and we were STILL active!).
2. I won’t have time to do a big end of month goal recap before the new month rolls around.
3. My post when I get back will be filled (hopefully) with pictures and tales of fun activities that we did over the weekend…I don’t want to have a post that is forever long!
4. This is the most important one……March was not a pretty month in terms of my healthy living. I want to roll into April and make that first post of the month absolutely positive….I want to start it out with a positive bang! Recapping the negative month of March will detract from the hope and promise that I have for April! (How much more positive can I start out the month of April then by recapping an active weekend at the beach!)
At the beginning of this month I set up some goals for myself.
1. Track every bite of food. I failed on this one. I THOUGHT I had tracked every bite of food but one day I went back and realized that I had missed a day. OOPS. However, I did not let this stop me. I have faithfully tracked every other day of this month. I WILL be tracking my food whilst at the ocean. I know that some of my foods will be a bit higher and I expect my calorie count to reflect that. But that’s ok too. This is learning to live life with balance and grace.
2. Put money into savings. WIN! It was actually easier because my pay raise for my promotion hit my checkbook. My plan is to not spend that extra money, but to instead bank it.
3. Weigh less than I do now. Well…….as of today, it’s pretty much a maintain….and that’s not good, it SHOULD be a loss. I’m not going to stress about it though….I’m waiting for the TOM to get out of my system so the numbers are a bit skewed.
4. Do something active (even just a walk) at least three times a week. I failed this one miserably. I had two weeks in the middle of the month where I was spot on with walking at lunch and evening walking/riding my bike and activity but then that behavior kind fell away. I know that the lunch walks will happen as the weather gets warmer! We did manage to get some activity during the weekends also….
A snowy hike
A sunny walk
A nice bike ride
5. Keep my calories within my caloric range at least 6 days a week…with an emphasis to get to the low end of that range as often as possible. The first part of the month was miserable and I was at the high end or over my caloric range most days. I did clean it up quite a bit in the latter part of the month…enough to recoup the weight that I gained in the first two weeks!
6. Step goal on Fitbit. 150,000 steps for the month. I SHOULD be able to hit this one. I only have to get 5k steps each of the three days that we are at the ocean. EASY! (Seriously, we usually park the car when we first arrive and don’t get back in the car until the day we go home!)
So there you have it. My March in all its ugly glory!
I am planning the same exact goals for April. Nothing different, nothing out of this world crazy, the exact same goals! And at the end of April, I WILL be writing a victorious post!